Tomato and Basil Salmon
Posted by : Brittney Dieter /
prep time: 30 min
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole wild salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mash minced garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt on a cutting board with the side of a chef’s knife or a spoon until a paste forms. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Check the salmon for pin bones and remove if necessary. Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet. Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and spread the garlic mixture all over it. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup basil. Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter. Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining 1/4 cup basil.
Don’t have a grill? Try baking it in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes