Production Associate - Posted 02/19/2024
We need YOU to package our Wild Alaskan Sockeye for delivery! You will be an important part of our production team who processes premium wild caught seafood. We are looking for someone truly passionate about our product and the Wilds of Alaska. Ultimately, if we are going to save the bay and the fish, we need your help running a profitable business. We are a fishermen owned business specializing in wild-caught, sustainably harvested, Alaska sockeye salmon and other seafood, looking for a full-time Production Associate.
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to work 7am-3:30 pm, Monday through Friday in our Wild for Salmon production department. At Wild for Salmon, we are a team; we believe in the salmon, the environment, and each other. The environment is fast-paced, and you will be working to process and package seafood orders. The position will be hands on with repackaging, processing, and boxing seafood.
This position will work within a team of 2 to 3 employees and coordinate activities to support safety, production, pick pack orders, and continuous improvement initiatives. The position will be hands on. The ideal candidate needs to possess internal drive, attention to detail, and have a friendly disposition.
- Fulfills production activities with safety with accuracy.
- Processes and packages frozen seafood.
- Boxes and prepares shipments for delivery.
- Communicates with team members – to include turnover meetings and on-going communication.
- Follows SOPs, safety policies, rules and regulations, as well as other company policies and sanitation standards.
- Monitors and tracks production time and labor hours.
- Follows company policies and practices.
- Ensures inventory accuracy by maintaining production records and reviewing physical inventory.
- Must be a team player.
- Assists with special projects when needed.
- Will follow established quality procedures for the company and area including both product quality and housekeeping.
- Will work together to meet productivity initiatives and demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Will help implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follows through with all key accountabilities.
- Follows production schedules based on priorities and production demand.
- Executes daily plans to achieve finished goods schedule.
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and character.
- Work in a team environment
- Meet the physical demands of the job (e.g., standing, lifting, pushing, pulling).
- Work in extreme temperatures (e.g., hot or cold)
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Standing for long periods of time
- Previous kitchen experience preferred but not required.
- Possesses effective organizational and communication skills
- Implements quality, safety minded, reliable, precise, and self-motivated actions
If this sounds like a job for you, let us know by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Meghann Miller or stopping in at our store at 521 Montour Blvd, Bloomsburg for an application.
Visit Indeed.com for our other employment opportunities. Thank you!