Kombucha Marinated Sockeye Salmon
Thanks to Good JuJu Kombucha for making this custom blend of ginger and lemon kombucha! It made a delicious marinade for our tasting in December but you can use any flavor kombucha when you try this recipe at home!
• 1 cup ginger-lemon kombucha
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt
• 1 1/2 pounds sockeye salmon
• 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
• Flaky sea salt
• 2 T olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except salmon in mixing bowl.
- Place thawed salmon in deep dish and pour marinade over salmon.
- Marinate for 2-12 hours .
- After salmon has marinated, pan fry over medium high heat with olive oil until reaches internal temp of 145 degrees F.
[[ recipeID=recipe-8lk1b4wyg, title=Kombucha Marinated Sockeye Salmon ]]
ADAPTED RECIPE BY MARISA DOOLEY
Marisa Dooley of Lemon Thyme Kitchen is a freelance recipe developer and food photographer with a Master’s degree in Nutrition. She was raised on her family’s farm in Northwest Washington and her appreciation for good food developed at a very early age. She is passionate about creating recipes and beautiful imagery that highlight high-quality seasonal ingredients. Marisa loves all types of seafood, but her favorites are salmon and scallops!