Chilled Pasta Salad with Sockeye Salmon and Creamy Herbed Dressing
Posted by : Wild For Salmon /
Summer days may be heating up, but this light and tasty pasta salad will help you keep your cool. Wild-caught sockeye salmon is poached (baked, grilled, etc.), combined with pre-cooked pasta, and tossed in a flavorful dressing. You can have this ready to go in 30 minutes, getting you out of that kitchen heat and back to your fave summer activities!
Serve this summer-y salad with mixed greens, fresh fruit, and the freshest veggies from your local farmer's market!
This recipe serves 6, but it works just as well if you halve the ingredients.
- Place salmon in a large skillet adding water just to cover (you may need to cut the fillet in half). Add about 2 teaspoons of salt to season. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn off the heat, cover, and let the salmon sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, transfer salmon to a plate, remove the skin, and place in freezer to chill.
- Follow preparation instructions on pasta package and then place in a strainer. Rinse under cold water to chill.
- To prepare the dressing, place herbs, shallots, mustard, mayo, yogurt, half and half and cayenne in a food processor. Blend until smooth, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Break the salmon into chunks. In a large bowl, combine pasta, salmon, and dressing and toss lightly to combine.
Recipe adapted from Katie Workman for the Associated Press.