Salmon Avocado Salad by Wellness with Edie
Posted by : Wild For Salmon /
How’s your pantry looking? Is it stocked with canned goods? Do you have a few cans of salmon stacked up? Time to put them to good use!
Photo by Wellness with Edie
Try this Avocado Salmon Salad by Wellness with Edie to spruce up your weekday lunches, pack in a kid’s lunch box, or replace the monotonous tuna or chicken salad. Edie is a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, and her recipe is light and bright to go great with your summer greens popping up all over the place!
- 2 cans of wild-caught, Alaska salmon from Wild for Salmon Bone-In is fine for this recipe! They are cooked through, small, and add a punch of protein to your recipe. If you prefer to skip them, however, try our bone-less cans here.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 2 t minced garlic
- ¼ capers
- ⅓ fresh dill
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Mash together the canned salmon and pitted avocado in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dijon, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Mix together.
- Gently fold in your capers, chopped dill and spices to taste.
- Best served chilled - stick the whole bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes or in the fridge for 30.
This will serve 2-4 folks depending on how hungry they are. Or, store in an air-tight container in the fridge for tomorrow!
Like the sound of this simple, salmon-forward lunch? Try Jenn’s version here!