Cod Bites: Back to School!
Posted by : Wild For Salmon /
This recipe is quick, very kid-friendly and delicious gluten-free!
AKA, your next go-to weekday meal for the fall.
- 1lb Wild for Salmon Pacific Cod Loins
- 5oz Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1t salt
- 1/2t pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c flour (or your choice)
- cocktail or tartar sauce
- Beat the three eggs in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, season the flour with the salt and pepper.
- Place the panko in the one more bowl.
- Pat cod dry with a paper towel. Cut into uniform, bite-sized strips.
- Dredge cod crumbs in flour, then dip in egg wash, then Panko.
- Pan fry the fish in 375 degree oil for 3 minutes. *
- Serve with lemon and tartar or cocktail sauce.
- *For a healthier alternative, bake the fish at 365 for 12-15 minutes.