Wild for Salmon 7 Layer Salmon Party Dip
Posted by : Kourtney Reinford /
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-pound traditional smoked salmon, shredded
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Crackers or crostini for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl toss together shallots and chopped water chestnuts.
- Line a 6" ring mold or springform pan with plastic wrap along the bottom and up the sides.
- Press 1/3 of the smoked salmon into the bottom of the plastic lined mold.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture over the salmon, then top with half of the chestnut and shallot mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped chives
- Repeat layers with 1/3 of the smoked salmon and remaining cheese and water chestnut mixture.
- Finish off the final layer with the remaining smoked salmon and chives.
- Cover dip and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove ring and plastic wrap.
- Place on serving dish and serve with crackers or crostini.