Real Meals FTW
Posted by : Wild For Salmon /
From the Kimberton Whole Foods kitchen.
Our friends at Kimberton Whole Foods have an impressive and extensive Recipes page. For folks local to one of their six storefronts in Central PA, this is a particularly valuable resource because they often feature items that are on sale that week...because Real Deals should mean Real Meals.
Last month, they featured our Pacific Cod Loins (Yes, our Wild Alaska Pacific Cod Loins!), and we couldn't help but repost the recipe. With just six ingredients--including spices!--this is a great weekday meal because it's quick and simple. If your kids aren't so sure about polenta, remind them how bored they are of rice and how much they love corn. We know...we're good right?
Polenta is also a great grain option for our gluten-free friends. (Yes, we see you and think you should eat yummy things too! 👀)
Thanks to Emily and the whole team over at Kimberton Whole Foods for spreading the Wild for Salmon love!
- 2 Wild-Caught Pacific Cod Loins from WFS
- 1 10oz package of Polenta
- Blackening spice, perhaps from Spices Inc or A Spicy Perspective
- A big handful of cherry tomatoes, perhaps from Lady Moon Farms
- 2+ garlic cloves, chopped
- Small bunch of thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place grape tomatoes onto a large square of aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and top with some chopped garlic, fresh thyme, and salt. Wrap the foil tightly to keep juices inside, set on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until tomatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat 1 lb cod with spray oil or extra virgin olive oil. Pour about 2 tbsp of blackened seasoning blend on dry plate and carefully coat each side of the fish with seasoning. (Or use your favorite cajun seasoning, or simply a dusting of smoked paprika.)
- Pre-heat a large, flat-bottomed pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of oil, and cook cod until heated through and flaking at the edges, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- In a separate skillet, pan-fry polenta in a small amount of oil, until just browned and heated through. Serve polenta alongside cod, topped with roasted tomatoes.