Quinoa, Avocado, and Salmon Salad
Posted by : Brittney Dieter /
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
½ teaspoons chipotle Powder
16 ounces, Sockeye Salmon Fillets
1 cups Quinoa, Uncooked
2 cup Water
2 whole Avocado, Peeled, Diced, Cut into Cubes
1 whole Onion, Small, Diced
3-½ Tablespoons Lime Juice
3 Tablespoons Chopped cilantro
- Combine the olive oil, salt, cumin, paprika, onion powder and ancho chili powder in a small bowl. Rub the paste evenly onto the salmon and put it on a plate. Put the salmon in the refrigerator to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- While the salmon is marinating, prepare the quinoa. Be sure to rinse the quinoa is a fine mesh strainer with cold water until the water run clear. Add the quinoa and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to the low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. When the quinoa is done, remove it from the heat and put it in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 365°F
- Place marinated salmon on an oiled baking tray and bake for 12-15 min. Salmon should be a little translucent in the center of fillet.
- Remove the salmon from oven to a clean plate. While the salmon sits for a few minutes, add the avocado, onion, lime juice, and cilantro into the bowl with the quinoa.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut into bite sized pieces and add it into the bowl.
7. Gently, stir everything together. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for a few hours and serve chilled. Yield: 6 servings