Everything goes better with bacon- even wild caught scallops! These bite-sized treats are quick cooking and pair deliciously with a fermented garlic sauce. Try this recipe as a snack or a side dish to your meal tonight!
- 1.25lb Alaska Scallops
- 1lb Bacon, thinly cut
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 C cream, warmed
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted
- 1/2-1 bulb black garlic, cloves chopped
- salt & white pepper
- Preheat oven to 365F
- Cut scallops in half or to desired size for bite-sized serving
- Wrap slice of uncooked bacon around scallop piece: just enough to provide one layer
- Stick toothpick through scallop and bacon wrap, arrange on lightly greased baking pan.
- Lightly drizzle pan of scallops with olive oil.
- Top with salt, pepper, and favorite herbs.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add chopped garlic and simmer for two minutes
- Add warm cream and roasted garlic
- Gently whisk roasted garlic into cream until thickened(about 5-10 minutes)
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve with scallops and bacon and enjoy!