- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced lardons or thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1, 6 oz can of Alaska salmon, boneless, skinless, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add potatoes. Cook until fork tender about 7 minutes. Drain potatoes, cut in half. Smash halves using the palm of your hand against a flat metal pancake turner on a cutting board.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, cook lardons or bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, with residual pan drippings, add onion and celery. Stir occasionally, sautéing about 5 minutes until soft. Remove and add potato halves, cut side down. Cook over medium high heat until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add salmon to warm through. Add back in lardons, celery and onion. Toss to combine. Plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together, horseradish, sour cream, and dill. Dollop around bowl with potatoes and salmon. Top with capers. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Carlene Thomas of OhCarlene.